Do you want to meet life sciences companies from the Bioregion of Galicia?
The trade mission organised by Bioga (8-9 May 2017) to Medicon Valley aims to promote relations and meetings between life sciences companies from the Bioregion of Galicia (Spain) and the Danish-Swedish Cluster of Life Sciences.
Participating companies from the bioregion of Galicia:
- Galchimia: Pharmaceutical research and medical chemistry (http://www.galchimia.com/es/)
- MD.USE: Computer simulations of molecular dynamics (http://mduse.com/en/)
- Oncostellae: Research of new drugs for cancer treatment (http://oncostellae.com/es/index.html)
- Hifas da Terra: Biotechnology in mycology, food and supplements (https://www.hifasdaterra.com/)
- HGBeyond: New materials to soft contact lenses (http://www.hgbeyond.com/)
Galicia as bioregion
Galicia is one of the Autonomous Communities in Spain with the most biotechnological potential on both the business and research leves.
The constant transfer of knowledge to businesses comes mainly from the extensive research experience of its 3 universities (A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela and Vigo) with its 2 International Excellence Campuses. (Campus Vida and Campus do Mar), as well as from the Public Health System (SERGAS) through the Agency for Health Knowledge (ACIS). Galician academic research is accredited by its position in various international rankings as one of the leaders in terms of scientific production and quality of research.
All this gives Galicia a valuable know-how that has been valorised and transfered to the market in recent years with the establishment of numerous spin-offs that today commercialice the generated research results throughout the world.
The application of biotechnology has managed to increase the percentage of innovation and therefore competitiveness in traditional sectors (agrifood, environmental, maritime, etc.), generating a greater number of companies, more skilled jobs and a higher business volume.
More information soon!