Do you know the participating companies from the bioregion of Galicia in the trade mission to Medicon Valley?
The trade mission organised by Bioga to Medicon Valley aims to promote relations and meetings between life sciences companies from the Bioregion of Galicia (Spain) and the Danish biotech companies.
- Oncostellae (http://oncostellae.com/) focuses on the discovery of new pharmaceutically active compounds and their development, from its initial phase up to proof of concept in patients (clinical phase IIa). At this stage, we aim to license the results and patents obtained during the project to a consolidated pharmaceutical company for further development. Our first project is dedicated to the treatment of advanced prostate cancer which, at the moment, is not curable. We have discovered novel antagonists of the androgen receptor that are structurally distinct from current drug chemo types and, therefore, have the potential to offer and improved side-effect profile and overcome drug-induced resistance. AR antagonists are avalidated therapeutic option and have a multi-billion dollar market. Recently, a new project on irreversible JAK Kinase inhibitors has been started with potential indications in oncology and inflammation. A third project on selective TYK inhibitors will be initiated soon.
- Hifas da terra (https://www.hifasdaterra.com/): Mushrooms stand out for their nutritional and biochemical value to complement and enhance your health and wellbeing. Rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, but also b-glucans, they are an amazing source of health. We focus on nutrition as the key to improve your wellbeing, wether it is to complement the treatment of certain pathologies or to solve functional disorders.
- Hg Beyond (http://www.lentimeddev.com/) born as a spin-off of the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain), HG Beyond focuses on the development of a new material suitable for the manufacture fo soft contact lenses. The innovation lies in the fact that these lenses incorporate cyclodextrins, a component that allows loading substances in sufficient quantity and transferring them into contact with the tears from the eye in a controlled process.
- Galchimia (http://www.galchimia.com/) was founded in 2001, we have become Spain’s leader in synthetic organic chemistry. Our expert, dedicated team of chemists has found a productive outlet for their obsession with chemistry, providing custom synthesis, contract research, process development and analytical services to clients worldwide. Over the last 14 years we have completed more than 1000 projects in the field of drug discovery and more than 50 projects in the field of process development. Biotechs are entering Phase I studies with products that we helped to shape and API manufacturers supply products using processes we have development.
- MD.Use (http://mduse.com/en/) is a global provider of scientific software and computational simulation services. We have experience in the simulation of proteins, standard or synthetic peptides, cyclic or linear oligosaccharides (in particular with cyclodextrins), lipid membranes and membrane proteins, nanopores, carbon nanotubes, graphene, surfactants in the liquid phase or at interfaces and a large variety of heterogeneus molecules. We also develop and commercialize applications to visualize molecules using modern technologies, such as Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and 3D-printing.