C-VoUCHER will fund SMEs’ plans to adopt the circular economy
- C-VoUCHER is the first pan-European initiative that will distribute a lump sum of€15k to SMEs developing feasibility plans adopting the concept of Circular Economy. The goal is to reshape and redesign linear value chains into circular ones.
- 18 selected SMEs will be invited to a 3-month programme and will have access to the support of a Designer-in-Residence and coaching sessions with funding experts.
The first open call for adopters of C-VoUCHER launches today and is calling for SMEs active in Health, Blue Growth, Textile, Agri-Food and Manufacturing domains that want to develop circular feasibility plans transforming their current linear value chains into circular ones.
SMEs applying for this call will be stimulated to create innovative circular solutions based in:
- The Circularity Solutions developed within the 1st Circularity Open Call of C-VoUCHER (in case that the applicant’s business profile and circular potential is aligned with one of the SMEs that are currently participating in the acceleration programme).
- A new circular business model based on a circular building block in Industrial Symbiosis, Material resource efficiency, Renewable energy and energy efficiency, Biological products, Product life cycle extension, Performance economy, Sharing economy and Platform economy).
18 selected SMEs will get €15,000 (a lump sum to cover the costs of participation in the programme) and access to the Value Chain Replication Programme (up to 3 months in total length), which includes:
- Up to 1 month of Designer-in-Residence support for the creative phase of the development of the feasibility plan.
- Support in identifying further funding to implement that plan, through coaching sessions with public and private funding experts.
SMEs interested in being adopters and creating their feasibility plans can apply for the 1st adopters’ open call of C-VoUCHER before October 31st, 2019 (17.00 CET).
C-VoUCHER is the first pan-European initiative, funded by the European Commission, aiming at the adoption of the concept of the Circular Economy to transform linear value chains (cradle to waste) towards circular models (cradle to cradle®). The project is distributing a total of €4.2m to SMEs through 4 open calls.
The project will leverage a total of €6 million of complementary funding for selected SMEs provided by private and public investors. A “Circular Design Toolkit for Regions” will also be produced to mainstream the methodology in other EU Regions.