‘ATMPs – The Landscape, Challenges & Opportunities in Wales’ is being on held online Tuesday 4 August 2020, from 12pm to 1.30pm.
BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE
During the online event, our guest panel of clinical, academic, industry and policymaking experts will:
- Give a picture of the current landscape by sharing case studies and information on current ATMP work in Wales
- Share details of recent innovative research from Advanced Therapies in Wales and future plans
- Highlight the challenges that both clinicians and industry may face due to healthcare services that are not yet configured to accept, adopt and deploy these therapies on a broad and regular basis
- Reflect on changes in the ‘bench to bedside and beyond’ journey that are required to ensure equitable patient access to these transformative therapies within NHS Wales
- Give insight into the unique position Wales has with its close and interactive group of multidisciplinary experts in the field of Advance Therapies Medical Products
‘ATMPs – The Landscape, Challenges & Opportunities in Wales’ will be chaired by Cath O’Brien MBE, (Director, Welsh Blood Service and Board member, Life Sciences Hub Wales), who will be joined by panel members:
- Dr Mark Briggs, Head of Cell and Gene Therapy – Welsh Blood Service
- Steve Conlan, Professor of Cell & Molecular Biology – Swansea University
- Len Richards, Chief Executive, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
- Dr Ceri Jones, Consultant Haematologist, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
Attendees are invited to submit questions to the panel upon registration, enabling the panel to respond to key queries and concerns of participants throughout the event.
We are looking forward to you joining us on Tuesday 4 August 2020 at 12pm for this special online event.