Global Leeds Welcomes Digital Health and Tech
Webinar, 23rd September, 1-3pm
We warmly invite overseas businesses from the health and life sciences sector who are contemplating investing in the UK to join us online to hear more about opportunities in the UK, and specifically the North of England and Leeds City Region.
The event will help digital and health tech companies to understand opportunities in the region through insights into the NHS and the digital ‘ecosystem’ in and around Leeds City Region.
We will hear from:
- Jon Fordham, Propel@YH programme
- NHS Digital (which is headquartered in Leeds)
- Healthcare UK & techUK
- The Department for International Trade’s tech sector specialist, Nigel Jones
- Industry representatives
- Leeds City Region
Full list of speakers is to be confirmed
Topics will include:
- Demystifying the NHS
- Why invest in Leeds City Region?
- ‘High Potential Opportunities’ in the Leeds region that have been identified by government in tech, healthcare and life sciences
- Support available to UK companies government bodies and partner organisations.
We will also hear from a company that has successfully invested in the region, and there will be time for Q&A
- 13:00 Welcome
- 13:10 Demystifying the NHS (Tom Denwood, NHS Digital)
- 13:30 Why Leeds City Region – Opportunities in health and life sciences
- 13:45 ‘High Potential Opportunities’
- 14:00 How the Department for International Trade’s team in the North of England can help
- 14:15 What its really like to expand to Leeds City Region (Company panel/presentations)
- 14:45 Question & Answer session
- 15:00 Closing remarks